Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Waking up to God in the Morning, Laying your Request Before Him and Waiting for Him to Answer

 
Hey everyone and welcome back to another blog post.  Today's post is one of those post that I have been thinking about lately and trying to use in my daily life, but sometimes I just don't have the time.  However I find that when I do, my day goes a little better.  Waking up with God is just so beautiful and it really just brings peace to your mind, heart and your day.  I love this verse because it just talks about how God hears our voices in the morning as we lay our request before him...the hard part is waiting to hear what he has to say back. I know for me, I've just been wanting an answer about my in laws and if I should try and get them to be a part of their grandson's life, but it seems that God is just taking forever to answer that request for me.  Do you find it hard to wait? If you said yes, you are not alone.  I  know I do. I find it very hard to be completely be reliant on God and trust that he knows what is best for me.  It's a daily struggle.  I just want things to come easily and I want to know everything, but that is not God's MO.  He wants us to come to him, bring our request and then wait til he gives us the answer.  It can be so hard to understand and hard to accept that for God we just have to learn to wait.  However when we wait on him we know in scripture that it says: in Lamentations 3:25-26 (NIV): The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,  to the one who seeks him;it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.  Now that is a good promise, that he is good to those who wait on him and seek him.  So when you wait for him...pray and meditate on your request.  For his word says that when you:

Psalm 19:14New International Version (NIV)May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,  Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. So if you get nothing else out of this, take this away: By meditating on your requests to God, and by praying, it is pleasing to God, and if you wait for his answer, he will be good to you, because you have chose to trust that he knows what is best for your life.


Questions/Reflections of the Day:

       - Do you wake up to God every morning? Do you have a devotional, prayer or quiet time with him in the morning? When have you had to wait for God to answer one of your request?  Was it hard?  Did he answer it the way you wanted him to, or did you get a complete different answer?  What lesson was God trying to teach you by making you wait for his answer? These are a lot of questions I know, but if you don't want to answer, you can just meditate on them, or pick one that you really want to answer and answer it.  Please share in the comments below

Note: 
   - remember to be respectful to the others that comment.  I want this blog to bring people to Christ and to just bring christian women or men together and talk about God, family, and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment