Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Are You Being Transformed By The WORD, Or By The WORLD?

Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post.  Today we will be jumping back into the devotional series.  So I was able to get back into my devotional and it was really neat as to what God was showing me last night and what he wanted me to take away from everything. So let's jump right into it shall we? :)

Scripture:
  Romans 12:2:
    "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is...his good, pleasing and perfect will."

My Reflection/Thought:
  -This devotional and verse I feel is talking about not being in the middle.  I feel like sometimes we do something that we might think is wrong but we do it anyway and  play it off like it's not a big deal.  But it is a big deal.  In our world we might feel that there's a lot of grey areas because of what we are taught, compared to what we know or think is right.  But God doesn't want us to be in the middle.  He wants us to either turn to him or turn to the devil; just don't be in-between.  For example: people feel that they can go to church, read the bible and sound all churchy on Sundays, but as soon as Sunday is over, they go back into being themselves which depending on who you are can be good or bad.  That's not being true to yourself or God; that's being of the world.  Revelations 3:15-17 says:

15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
Which one are you?
Can't Be Lukewarm!

God doesn't like when you are in the middle.  He wants you to run to him and seek out his word and voice before you go to the media or friends.  He wants us to be like him from the inside out, and not what the world thinks or wants us to be.  I think it's a daily struggle and a challenge especially for our young kids these days.  They so want to be like their friends and everyone else, but then they lose their own identity and they lose themselves.  And if you lose yourself, it's a lot harder to get back to who you are for real.  God knows we can handle this challenge....But do you know if you can handle the challenge?

Prayer:
  Lord thank you again for teaching me something great.  Lord I don't want to be on the fence; I want you to be in control of my life.  Please help me see that trusting you and knowing who you are is the best for my life.  Help me to come to you first with anything I am dealing with, before I go to the media or friends for answers. For I know that you want me to be like you from the inside out because you are the one that created me, and I'm the only "me" that there is, and no one can be "me."  Help me to have my own identity and to develop into this amazing woman in Christ.  In your name I pray...Amen

Question/Reflection of the day:
 What is it about you that makes you different from other people? For me, it's my eyes and my personality.  What makes you stand out?  Is it your personality, your gender, your looks, your tattoos, etc...what is it that makes you "You and Unique?"  Comment and share down below.  No judgement please...this is a place where people can share who they are without judgement.  If you are going to judge anyone...keep it to yourself...and please DO NOT share.  Thank you

References:
  Google images
  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation%203:15-17

Note:
As always you do not need to comment if you feel that you can not.  It's ok to me...I'm not here to bring you to god or anything like that...however I will always pray for you...I'm just here to share my devotions and thoughts about whatever I am writing about for that day or week.  Feel free to talk to me at anytime...my info is in a blog post or in my about me page.  God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment