Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Music Is What Feelings Sound Like

Music is a form of expression.  When I listen to music, there are songs that just hit me and make me cry.  Last night was one of those night.I was making a playlist on spotify and I ended up listening to Rascal Flatts.  There are a couple of songs that they sing that just make me cry and think about things that are on my heart.  One of those songs is "Help me Remember, Another song is "My Wish, and the last song is " Better Now."  Those three songs just make me so emotional because I feel like I can relate to them.  My grandma died unexpectedly when I was about 18 years old.  She was like everything to me, and it was just one of the emotional times I have had in my life. These songs just make me think about all of the hurt that I felt that night.  Another song that has been making me feel is by Sheryl Crow "I shall believe."  I heard this on One Tree Hill when Haley's mother died.  It made me cry because she had cancer, and right now my aunt has cancer and she's not doing well at all.  They don't expect her to live throughout the rest of the year, and she's just an amazing woman.  I just feel like I wish my son could have known her because she is just amazing, and she will always be in my heart.  Music has always been a part of me and it's just so powerful how a song can make you feel. It's ok to have feelings...it's life and without it you would be dull.


To me music can do a few things:
   -It can can clear your mind
   -It can soothe your mind
   -It can save you from a rough life
    
**There is nothing like listening to music to free your mind and help you think**
Those are the songs that make me feel.



Question(s) of the day:
  -What song makes you feel something and why? What song makes you think about something/someone that has been a life changer for you? Share your story in the comments below.  I shared something emotional and personal with you...so dig down deep in your soul and heart and let the feelings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment