Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

God's Intentions for Your Life are Good...They are Not to Harm You

Hello everyone and welcome back to yet another blog post.  Today is going to be a start to my devotional or quiet time with the Lord. For those of you who do not know, I am a Christian therefore some of my things I share on my blog will be from what I hear from the Lord during my quiet time with him. And  For those of you who are not Christians, and you choose not to read this, that is ok by me, I am not here to get you to believe in God,however I will keep praying for you; but I'm  just here to tell you what is on my heart and to share my life with you.  However none the less, I still hope this brings some encouragement to some one out there, and blesses those around you.

Last night I could not sleep, and I really wanted to just read something, but I wasn't sure what to read.  I then picked up one of my favorite books "what happens when women say yes to god."  This book I actually bought for a devotional I was going to do, but ended up not doing.  I will leave the link to the book at the bottom of this post if you choose to check it out.  It is an amazing book, and I'm just going through it carefully reading a chapter a night.  Last night's chapter was about how Satan gets into your head, and wants to harm you and make you think of awful things, but that God can take those thoughts and turn them into something good.  So I'm just going to share with you what I wrote in my journal, and if you love this, I can keep doing this, that way you each can go through the book with me.  I'm really liking this book, and I will probably keep doing this on here, as long as you all like to read about it. However, I will keep writing these in my journal every night, until I have gone through the whole book.

Scripture:
Genesis 50:20 says:
   "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done; the saving of many lives."
My Reflection:
   In this passage, Lord I see that my thoughts that are bad are from Satan.  He's trying to me away from you, therefore intending to harm me; but I know that you are taking my thoughts and intending or turning them into something amazing and good for me.  I know that you Lord can take something and turn it into something good.
Prayer:
  Lord thank you for always being there for me.  Help me to just open up to you and realize that if there is something going bad in my life, that you can turn it into something good.  Amen

Notes from the book/and from me:
   "A woman who says yes to God, isn't afraid to be honest with him." Chapter 1 pg 14
          -God loves you so much and he wants to know every detail of your life.  He wants you to pour out your heart to him and tell him what has been going on in your life.  He is not here to get angry with you, but he's here to help you understand  that he is here no matter what you are going through in your daily life.  No matter how painful or bad it may be, he is here for you.  God is a loving God and he will always love you no matter what you have done.  So pour out your cares to him, your concerns, your feelings, and be open and honest with him at all times.
   "Being a woman who says yes to God means making the choice to trust  him even when you can't understand why he requires some of the things he does.  It means that once you have said yes to God, you refuse to turn back when things get hard." Chapter 1 Pg 16
       -God does not want you to only go to him when things are rough, he wants you to go to him when things are good as well.  When you say yes to him, you are saying that you fully give  your life to him and trust that his plans are what he feels is best for your life.  He already knows the directions that you will take with  your life.  He already knows what you will be doing with the rest of your life.  But even though he knows that, he wants you to find that and know that for yourself.  Don't turn back from him just because the direction of your life, isn't where you want it to be.  Trust in him and he will show you the way.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)  "Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge/submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."


Link to the book:

http://www.amazon.com/What-Happens-When-Women-Extraordinary/dp/0736919228

Question/Reflection of the day:
What is God telling you to share today? Are you honest with God, or do you just give him the short answers that you feel he is looking for?

 Last minute notes:
I am always here: my email is: marvinam16@yahoo.com...if you want to speak to me about life or anything dealing with God or you just need to talk, feel free to contact me through the blog or email.  God bless you all and hope this brings some encouragement to someone out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment