Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January: New Year-Better You Month Series: 6 Ways to Boost Your Mood


Hello everyone and welcome back to January: New Year-Better You Month series. So just like everyone else, I get in those days where I'm not feeling good, I'm not feeling my best or I'm just in a bad mood all together.  Feeling like this is ok, as long as you are able to get yourself out of it. So here are my 6 ways that I use to help me get out of those moods and into a better one.

1)  Spending time with God/reading and inspirational blog, post or picture. I love doing this because God is amazing.  When I spend time with the Lord, I instantly feel better.  Even if you don't believe in God, then tell him why you don't believe in him, and he will answer you and listen to you.  When I talk to God, I talk to him like I'm talking to a friend.  He knows exactly what to say, and how to just lift my mood so that I can be the best version of myself I can be, and so I can bless others. And if that doesn't help, then I go online, usually pinterest and look up inspirational quotes, or blogs or pictures.  Always makes me feel so much better.

2) Reach out to a friend.  I don't do this all the time, but when I need to feel better, I try to get in touch with a friend and talk.  Whether that is silly talk or serious talk or whatever it may be...just say Hi to a friend, say I'm thinking of you.  By doing this, it will make you feel so much better and just be in a much positive mood because you were being nice and generous and thinking of others.

3) Listen to a positive video or podcast or music.  I love doing this; lately I've been listening to Joyce Meyers...if you don't know about her, look her up on Youtube, she is really good and is very relatable.  But I love listening to her and just soaking in all that she says.  Also I love music, I've been listening to a lot of Selena Gomez, and demi Lovato and some more uplifting music.  But by listening to uplifting music or a podcast, it sets your mind to a more positive state and just boosts your mood.

4) Read, drink tea or do something you love.  I love reading as well as tea and things I love.  Reading to me is really soothing and lets you be somewhere else instead of where you are at.  I love reading with some soft instrumental piano music playing and it just really makes me happy. I also love drinking tea and doing something I love...just makes me happy, and that's what we want...right :)

5) Spending time with family and friends.  Now this goes back to reaching out to a friend, but also spending time with friends and family is just amazing.  They usually know how to get you feeling happy and just thankful that you are alive and have the opportunity to spend time with them.

6) Go outside.  I love going outside, even if it's just stepping outside for 2 seconds.  Just to let the air get into your lungs and just feel good.  My favorite season is fall season because of all the leaves and the weather, but it is winter here so I just step out on my porch and just breathe in the fresh crisp winter air. I also love going outside with my son, just to spend time with him and watch him play.

Remember Happiness is a choice, not a chore or a result.  Nothing will make you happy unless you create it and choose to be happy.  It's not a chore, that you have to do, it's a decision that can change the way you look at life.

No comments:

Post a Comment