Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Monday, January 11, 2016

January: New Year-Better You Month Series: Making goals that will work for you

Hello everyone and welcome back to another "New Year-Better You January Month Series."  I hope you all are liking these posts so far.  Today's topic is setting goals that will work for you.




Setting or making goals can be really hard.  They may change every year depending on the significance of them, and they may not change.  Of course we all have those years where we set or make goals intending on keeping them and sticking to them, and about a month or so in, we rear off from them because life hits us with other things.  So here are some tips that I use myself to help out with making better goals I can stick to.

4 Tips on how you can achieve your goals for 2016

1) Set realistic ones
      -You always want to make sure to set goals that you can achieve; so maybe reading 500 books in a year or month is unrealistic; unless you have all the time in the world and you are an extremely fast reader.

2) Don't make them too specific
        -What I like to do is set broad goals that can be changed or modified if something comes up.  So for example, one of my goals is to read more.  Now I could do this in the morning, I could do this in the afternoon, in the evening or just when I have time.  It's not too specific, yet it is still reachable and achievable.

3)  Write you goals down and make a plan
          -If we write things down, we will most likely be doing them.  Because they are written down, we see them each day which reminds us to actually do them.  You mind holds a lot, but it also can use some refreshing sometimes, so if you write your goals down, then you are more likely to actually achieve them and do them. Also make a plan.  Once you write your goals down, then make a plan on how you are going to achieve them.  For me I write them in my planner and then I decide how I'm going to do things differently this year.  Like I'm going to try and stick to my blogging schedule, which is posting Tuesdays and Thursdays for anyone who doesn't know.  So far I have kept to that this year, and I'm striving to keep going.

4) My last tip is to never give up
         -Never give up on your goals.  They can be achieved eventually.  You will fail, or forget  or life things will get in the way, but always keep going.

That's all for today.  Check back on Thursday for a new post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment