Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Saturday, February 6, 2016

February Book Month




Hello everyone and welcome back to It is Well...With my Soul blog.  So we wrapped up New Year-Better You January Month Series, and now we are into February.  So just a little update because I've gotten some people who really loved last month's theme.  First, I'm glad you loved it, and I will continue to post positive things because I love those types of blogs, and two, my toddler has been sick for awhile so I haven't been writing much on here, and I've also been reading a lot and doing a lot of homework.  So without further adew...let,'s go into this month.  This month, I've decided is going to be book month, because I've been reading so much lately, that I just couldn't help but do Book Month, and share books with you.  Now I may not do reviews because I'm really bad at describing things, so I might just do a copy and paste with the URL of the summary so that you all don't have to try and figure out what I'm saying LoL. So starting off today I'm going to show you the books that I've read in January of 2016. In the next post, I'm going to show you  the books that I'm going to be reading for February of 2016, and also, share with you  a challenge that I want to try and if you want to try, feel free and try.  Here we go....
The Selection book 1 of 3
By Kiera Cass

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
The Fault in Our Stars
By John Green

 http://www.kieracass.com/books/

 The Fault In Our Stars is a fabulous book about a young teenage girl who has been diagnosed with lung cancer and attends a cancer support group.
Hazel is 16 and is reluctant to go to the support group, but she soon realises that it was a good idea. Hazel meets a young boy named Augustus Waters. He is charming and witty. Augustus has had osteosarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer, but has recently had the all clear.
Hazel and Augustus embark on a roller coaster ride of emotions, including love, sadness and romance, while searching for the author of their favourite book. They travel to Amsterdam in search of Peter Van Houten the author of An Imperial Affliction. While on their trip Augustus breaks some heartbreaking news to Hazel and both of their worlds fall apart around them.
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/nov/17/review-fault-in-our-stars-john-green

Helen Of Troy
By Margaret George



With her amazing ability to summon the voices of historical characters, Margaret George tells the story of the woman whose face "launched a thousand ships" in Helen of Troy. Laden with doom, yet surprising in its moments of innocence and beauty, this is a beautifully told story of a legendary woman and her times. An exquisite page-turner with a cast of irresistible characters--Odysseus, Hector, Achilles, Priam, Clytemnestra, Agamemnon, as well as Helen and Paris themselves--and a wealth of material that reproduces the Age of Bronze in all its glory, Helen of Troy brings to life a war that we have all learned about but never before experienced.

http://www.amazon.com/Helen-Troy-Margaret-George/dp/0143038990/ref=sr_1_1/179-1311440-7908709?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1454782514&sr=1-1&keywords=helen+of+troy+margaret+george


These are the books I read in January of 2016.  With the picture is the title, author, and summary with the URL so that it's not plagiarism.  Go check out the next post for the ones I'm reading in February.  

What books did you read in January?


Follow me on my social media sites:

https://twitter.com/BenV1na1

https://www.pinterest.com/lilvinaluv/

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/14145117-marvina-musser

https://www.instagram.com/lilvinam/




No comments:

Post a Comment