Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Anxiety...My story, struggles and some helpful hints on dealing with it


Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post.  Today I want to talk about Anxiety, because it is a disorder, it's real and it's a very serious disorder if you don't know how to take care of it.

So just a little background about anxiety for me.  I have never really had anxiety until I hit about my sophomore year in college.  I was dealing with a lot of things, including my boyfriend at the time just making things really bad for me...and that was my first anxiety attack. Now there are several different anxiety disorders…There’s panic disorder which is where you have feelings of terror or are very scared that just strike at any time and they have no warning.  They are usually known as panic attacks and there are so many symptoms that can arise from that like chest pain, feeling of choking and more.  There's also social anxiety disorder which is basically that you do not do well in public crowds or social situations. There's specific disorder which is where you are afraid of specific things like spiders, ants, airplanes, heights, things like that. And there's generalized anxiety disorder which is where you just worry about things that you don't need to worry about or otherwise unrealistic. Now for me I have generalized anxiety disorder because a lot of times I do worry about things that are unrealistic or not needed to worry about.  When this happens I get dizzy and I cry a lot, I'm miserable, I just think about the worst possible situation and solution, and then I end up getting in a depression stage that if I don’t get out of fast, can really hurt me and last awhile… and at that point I'm just not myself...and that's not normal.  There's not a lot of control that I have, once I get into this state, and most of the time it can come from getting a bad grade in my college class, or getting yelled at by something or whatever.  So all in all, I'm just not very fun to be around and it can really hurt in the end if you cannot find a way to deal with it.  Symptoms can vary depending on the type of anxiety disorder that you have, but here are just some of the ones for general symptoms: feelings of panic, fear, and uneasiness, problems sleeping, cold or sweaty hands and/or feet, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, inability to be still and calm, dry mouth, numbness or tingling in the hands or feet, nausea, Muscle tension, and dizziness.  All of these are to be taken seriously. 
 
Helpful to deal with any type of anxiety disorder:  Now these are my tips from my experience, if you have other tips, feel free to comment below and share.

1) The way that I deal with it is I try to think positive.  If I think positive, then I can normally stop myself from going in anxiety. 
2) Something else that helps is talking about it.  I’m not one to like have people who can fix it for me, I just want some to help talk out my feelings, and then I decide what I’m going to do about it…because I feel that when someone else can help you talk it through with you, you can clearly see there’s no reason to even have to deal with it and you can be happy. 
3) Another thing I love to do that really helps is listening to music.  I don’t know why but music just makes me feel so much better, and it gets me into a better mood. 
4) Also exercising can really help for pretty much anything because of the fact that it’s making you think about your work out and not about what is making you have those anxiety attacks.
5)And if you don’t know what else to do, see a therapist to help you sort of work through your emotions and maybe then you can get on medication or something to help you get through it and happy again, because everyone deserves to be happy.

Question of the day:


How do you deal with anxiety issues? Is there anything that makes you anxious to the point where you sort of freak out and worry about things that worked themselves out anyway?  Share in the comments below




Note: I try not to share things that I haven't experienced yet or researched, so if you would like to me to write a blog post on a specific issue or topic, let me know in the comments below.  I'm not a therapist, these are just my own situations and experiences and how I have dealt with it.






Resources:

**http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/mental-health-anxiety-disorders

**Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment