Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Thursday, March 26, 2015

What is Happiness to you?


Hey guys...so today is another blog post day and I wanted to talk about something that we all (including myself) have a hard time with and that is happiness.  Happiness to me is one of the most important things in life.  If you are not happy, then you are miserable and what is a life if all you are is miserable? We all like our nice cars, our nice clothes, houses... all this material stuff, but once we die, we can't take all of that with us... it's all superficial stuff...so what are we left with? When you die...what are people going to say about you? What type of person were you? Now I'm not saying that having nice things is bad, because it's not..I mean we all love material things, but you can't take all that with you when you die and leave this earth.  What will matter is your happiness and how you spent your life living on this earth.  Happiness is a choice.  It's not a right, it's not a privilege, it's a choice and the choices that we make, define how our lives will end up.  If you are in a bad situation, you can choose to be happy about something in that day, or you can choose to let the bad situation ruin your entire day...but again...it's a choice.  This is easier said than done and I know that,  trust me...because there have been times in my life where I have cried myself to sleep because I have felt so miserable and depressed and I was very loss and I just could not find the happiness in my life but I got through it...which is a whole other story...which I will do eventually on this blog, but the point being..I had to make a choice to get myself the help, or just to get myself together and say "I have a reason to be happy."  Happiness to me is just letting myself go and feel happy without a care in the world of what others may think of me.  Running in the rain and not caring whether my clothes get ruined,  going to go see a movie I have been wanting to see by myself, if no one else whats to go, spending time with my child and seeing him happy and healthy, spending time doing something that is only for me and no one else.  Spending time hanging out with family and my husband...those and more of what make me happy and of course writing, journaling, reading and singing...But I choose to be happy even when things may not always seem that great and that's what we should do...choose to be happy even when life brings us curve balls and sadness.  Real happiness to me is all the little things that make us feel whole, beautiful, free and real to ourselves.  Happiness is having the freedom to be who you want to be even when others say you can't.  So then how do we become truly happy?  We have to ditch all of the negative people that have been bringing you down, and surround yourself with positive people and believe that things will work out in the end the way they should.  You have to focus on the positive things in life and move towards those positive things.  Set your mind to thinking about what positive thing has happened in the day, month, minute whatever, and focus your happiness on that.  NO ONE IS IN CHARGE OF YOUR HAPPINESS EXCEPT YOU.


CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY TODAY

SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE WHO MAY NEED TO KNOW THEY ARE ALLOWED TO LIVE A LIFE FULL OF HAPPINESS IF THEY CHOOSE TO.



Question to answer:

What does happiness mean to you?  Comment below with your answer

No comments:

Post a Comment