Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Evening/Morning Pages

Hey all and welcome to another It is Well...With My Soul blog post.  I know that some of you read my posts and that it can be inspirational to some of you.  I hope that it inspires others as well as you.  So I haven't been blogging lately, and really it's just because I've been pretty busy and just getting things done.  But today's post, I want to talk about Evening or Morning Pages.




Morning pages are basically when you brain dump. You do this in the morning before you get your day started.  You get a notebook or a piece of paper, and you just write.  But you are supposed to write 3 full pages of words; even if all you do is say "I don't know what to write," for the full 3 pages, you are just supposed to write, because it's a way for you to get all the things out that you are going to do for the day, and what is on your mind.  If you want to know more, I will leave a link at the bottom of where I learned about this.  Since I normally do my bible study in the morning, I decided to do Evening Pages. Again this is the same thing, but just in the evening before you go to bed.   After listening to a lot of inspirational videos, I decided to go to my local dollar store and get a composition notebook.  I ended up getting 2, one blue and one purple.  I got it and started writing in it.  I didn't think that I would have  a lot to write about, but I wrote 4 full pages of just stuff that was on my mind.  I wrote about my blog, my journey of making this year a better year and a better me, which I will talk about in another post.  I learned a lot about myself from writing this way.  I learned that I had a lot to say when I let my mind just say what was ever on my mind, and I learned that it's very peaceful. Now I've kept journals, but those are more about my day or what I was going to do that day or any issue that I felt, I needed to journal about; but for some reason, this concept of just "brain dumping," is just so much more peaceful and effective.  I'm going to see how this continues, and I will keep you all updated on how it is going.  But just from tonight, I absolutely love it and it really helped.  I wrote things that I didn't realize I was even thinking about.  Here's a picture of what mine looks like. I encourage you all to start one and see how it goes.  That is all for today's post.




















Question:


    -How do you start or end your day?



Morning pages Resource:


    -https://youtu.be/3DA45eebMCg

No comments:

Post a Comment