Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Why does race matter that much?

Hello my sweet friends and welcome back to another post.  I get these comments all the time about race.  My husband is white, I am black and my son is mixed (white and black) and I always get questions like: why is your son a different color than you?  Why is your husband white? Why are you black?  and more and I've been getting these questions a lot lately.  We live in a very racial society where people put a lot of emphasis on race and the color of your skin, but why?  Why does it matter what color you are?  Why does it matter who you marry and what color they are?  I have no idea.  We are raising my kid to understand that yes he is different but he's unique in his own way and that is alright.  He can't talk fluently yet so I can't just ask him what color he thinks he is...but that is ok.  Children don't see color, they just see people who they can play with. I think that we should all see people as people and not people as a color.  God made everyone different and it shouldn't matter what color you are.  You are loved and beautiful and amazing and that's all there is to it. People need to stop worrying so much about color and start being ok with the way that people are made.  You can not change your color, even though people have tried...you can only accept it and realize that it's ok to be different and unique.


This is when Liam was a baby because I don't have a photo of the three of us now since he is two years old.

Hope you all enjoyed this post.  Comment down below if you think color/race matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment