Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Friday, August 7, 2015

5 Tips on how to balance being a wife, a mother and a full time college student and A CHALLENGE!!!!!! YAY

Hello everyone and welcome to another blog post.  As I mentioned yesterday, I was going to do a blog post about how I balance being a wife, a mother and a full time college student.  So here are 5 tips that I use to help me balance being a wife, a mother and a full time college student...Let's get started shall we........













Tip #1: Write things down
   -One thing I do to make sure I don't forget things is I write it down.  I have a planner that I use, that has all my homework in it, my appointments that I need to remember, when our bills our due, special events we have planned or any event etc.  This way I don't forget it and I can resort back to it if I need to change or look at something.  On top of this, I have a calendar in my living room to help with that.  Whether it's a notebook, a piece of paper, a calendar on your iphone, ipod, whatever, make sure you remember to put it in there so you don't forget anything that's important.

Tip #2: Designate a day or an hour that is "family time"
   -This has worked amazing for my family.  My husband works all the time, and we were never seeing each other, and we never spent time together and it was affecting our relationship between us and our child.  So what I did was I decided to take the days he has off and call them "family time."  On those days, we spend time as a family.  We go to the movies, or shopping, or to my parents house, but whatever we do, we do it as a family...all day.  This really just makes sure that you have some time with your family.  Even if it's just sitting down at the table for one meal a week, make sure that you have atleast an hour with your family, so that they don't feel left out of your life.

Tip #3: Utilize "nap times"
   I can't stress this enough.  When you have a child, a lot of what you plan to do, doesn't work out, and you feel like you have no time in your life to do anything...ok, well I have an idea...ready...."DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WHILE YOUR CHILD IS NAPPING."  That sounds so simple, but it's so worth it and yet so hard...because then it's like well what do I want to do?  While my son is napping, that is when I catch up on my blogs...which if I haven't been posting, that's because he doesn't always take naps, but anyway...I catch up on blog posts I need to write and share, I do some homework if I have any that day, I do the dishes and get the house cleaned, I take a nap myself if I feel I need one...whatever it is, I do it while he naps, that way when he wakes up, I can spend my time with him.  Also to add to this, I do my homework Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday...so that way, I have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with him...that's just how I do my school work and get it done.

Tip #4: Make time for your significant other
   When your child or children are in bed, take that time and spend it with your significant other.  My husband and I do this every night.  After my son is in bed, we go and spend time together, whether that's watching our favorite tv shows which right now are Survivor and Seinfeld, or playing cards, or talking, whatever it is, we make time for each other because they need to know you still care even though you are a mother. You want to try and keep that connection strong with your significant other because that will help when you are raising your child.

Tip #5: Make time for yourself
   Now I talk about this a lot, but it's so true.  In order to stay sane, you need to make sure you are ok.  Make sure your body is healthy, make sure your mind is healthy, make sure your spirit is healthy.  If anyone of these is not healthy, and not up to where they should be, which should be where you are happy, then you will not be happy.  You will be stressed, and things just will go down from there.  So take quiet time and do something that's just for you.
That's all for today's post.  Hope you all enjoyed it and it was helpful. So here is something I have never done before, but I'm going to give it a try.






******Here's a challenge for all of you anyone out there...whether you have a significant other, a child, a roommate, a a friend, a parent, whoever....here it is:
      - If you have a significant other, a child, a roommate, a mother, a father, a friend or whoever,... I challenge you to take 15 minutes and just spend time with them.  Don't think about yourself, think about them.  Talk with them, hang out with them, but spend 15 minutes and make it just you and them.  Do this for a week, 15 minutes a day, now this might be slightly easier for parents, or your significant other anyway....after that week,  comment back after the week is over and tell me how it went.  Did you like it, did you notice anything different etc?  You can post your comments on here or email them to me at lilvina25@gmail.com...Remember: 



 
Ok hope you all have an amazing week, and enjoy the challenge, I know you can do it :)






No comments:

Post a Comment