Pages

Bible Study Playlist

Thursday, February 18, 2016

My Reading Routine



Hi everyone, so today I will be sharing my reading routine.  Now keep in mind, this is how I read, if you don't do this, that is ok, everyone is different.  Before I get into this, I have been sick for a few weeks now, and so I haven't put up any posts.  I'm not really feeling any better, but I wanted to share this with you, in case any of you wanted to know how to get started with reading...without further adew, let's get into it....shall...we :)


1st step: I get into comfy clothes:
    -I hate wearing jeans when I'm going to sit down and read a book, so I get out my sweatpants, my sweat shirt, comfy socks and that is what I wear.

2nd step: I get something to drink:
     -Now I love having something to drink.  Normally I grab a hot tea of some sort, but sometimes I go for a hot chocolate.  I'm not really a coffee drinker so that doesn't really cross my paths, but if you are...then go for it :)

3rd step: I grab something to eat:
     -Normally I just grab a snack...most of the times it's oreos because those are my guilty pleasures.

4th step: I turn on some soothing music:

     -Now I love reading to music...however I love reading to soothing, soft music.  Normally I listen to classical music, sometimes I listen to jazz, or meditation music, but I always listen to instrumental music.  I never listen to anything with words or people singing, because that distracts me and I can't concentrate on my book.

Last: After I have all my stuff around, I curl up on the couch, the bed or a comfy chair, snuggle up in a blanket, and I'm ready to read.

Note:
I'm a mother so I normally read while my toddler is taking a nap or when he is bed for the night.  But if you don't have any children, then you can read whenever.

Ok hope this gave you some inspiration, to start a great book.  If there are any topics dealing with reading that you want me to cover for the month of February, let me know in the comments below.  If you have a reading routine, please share, I would love to hear from you.  Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment